Friday 27 March 2015

3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?


I conducted an interview with Millie, were I asked her numerous questions about my music video, digipak and magazine advertisement. She answered with her view and opinions and suggested  any possible improvements. I recorded her answers, therefore I had the ability to upload the video onto Youtube and my blog.


I wrote some questions and conducted questionnaires with people who did not study Media, therefore they gave their outside perspective and views of the main product and ancillary texts. I interviewed people who were of different genders and age, therefore I could get some different responses, as if they were within the same age range and gender, their views might be similar. 



From this I learnt what the most effective parts of the music video was, therefore I could watch these particular parts which were mentioned and focus on how I completed these shots and possibly what effects and edits I had applied. I took the opinions on board and focused of what particular aspects of the music video they were mentioning, most were based upon the mise-en-scene or particular camera shots and movements, therefore this highlights that these were my positive features.

From this question I was able to see what the negative parts of my music video was, and points which were on the basis for improvement. Most of the views and opinions were based around the speed of the shots and the number of shots at particular times, therefore from my audience feedback I could learn that at particular times within the video I need to focus predominantly on what is happening and the speed at which I want it to happen, as then I can fit the timing and shots with the song proportionately, so it all fits together smoothly.

The views based upon my magazine advertisement were really positive, and therefore there was not much criticism to focus on. This feedback was predominantly negative which showed that this particular ancillary text has a positive result on all members of the people I was interviewing, therefore it is likely that an audience as whole would think that it was effective.

The feedback for the digipak was also really effective and positive. The audience feedback as whole showed that my ancillary texts appear to be stronger and of a higher quality. As the people who were answering the questionnaire all used positive vocabulary I can assume that it looked effective as they also mentioned that they could imagine seeing the digipak in a shop.

The contrast in colours was one of my main aims within the production aspects. Therefore, when I focused on this aspect I attempted to complete it to a high standard. Also, there is also a mention that the colours were a bit dark at some particular points and therefore this could be an important point in terms of analyzing my audience feedback. From this I have learnt to edit the photographs so that no elements of the photo are too dark, as it complicates the ancillary text and lessens the quality of the product if it is not visually effective.

This was a question which held a high level importance in terms of audience feedback, as the improvements are things that I need to take into consideration. As a whole, they surrounded around the darkness of the shots and colours and the amount of shots that were taken within particular time periods, therefore I have learned that these are the areas that need improvement, as they were not as effective as the rest of the music video and ancillary texts. Also, there was a mention of mise-en-scene and using lots of different costumes, as within the music video and ancillary texts I only used two different costumes to provide a contrast between the two different people. I have learnt that this could be a possible aspect to consider, although personally I feel like adding more costumes may complicate the narrative and stimulate confusion within the audience.
The main point of my narrative was two people being merged together, therefore people who answered the questions all gave their opinions. Positive vocabulary such as "interesting" "unexpected" and "really good" were used, therefore I can assume that they thought it was effective. I learnt that the narrative is understandable and from the audience feedback it had a positive effective, so therefore I learnt this it was a good choice to make.

From this particular question I learned that all of my photographs worked in conjunction with each other well, therefore the continuity and the effectiveness of the main product and the ancillary texts was successful. I learned that applied edits to the photographs was also a really effective way of making the photographs look different and more effective, as the photographs before they were edited were quite dull and boring and did not really spark any interest. I also learnt that taking photographs from different angles and frames was also effective as it added something different, instead of the same shots just being used continuously throughout.
I based this question on a score, therefore from this particular element of audience feedback, I could see the effectiveness and standard of the main product and ancillary texts as a whole. The scores were quite good, averaging out at 8/10. This was the finishing off of the interview, therefore I was able to analyse the comments and scores and take the opinions and views from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment